The Common Problem
Many organizations are under intense pressure to reduce cost and increase revenue, while also improving quality, safety and other critical measures. Improvement is difficult, as today’s organizations are increasingly complex, heavily silo-ed, geographically dispersed, 24/7 environments. This creates barriers to effective communication and collaboration. Suggestion boxes have proven ineffective and bulletin boards only work within a very local area.
Even when improvements are made, it is difficult for senior leaders and improvement coaches to see what work is being done or how results compare and roll up across the entire organization.
As one CEO told us, “We are struggling with how to track opportunities and we don’t have a way to do that.” Healthcare organizations also need ways to demonstrate progress toward, or compliance with, any number of quality and safety-related initiatives.
The KaiNexus Solution
KaiNexus’ patent-pending, cloud-based technology solves these critical problems by leveraging the collective knowledge of every person in the organization. As the leading collaborative improvement platform, KaiNexus connects people to help harvest low-cost, low-risk ideas to improve quality and safety, save time, drive efficiency, increase employee morale and save money. Better yet, KaiNexus helps turn opportunities for improvement into real, tangible benefits. Click here to estimate the impact for your organization.
Whether it is daily improvement (kaizen or PDSA), a “kaizen event,” or even a major project, think of KaiNexus as the productivity network that helps drive, share, and sustain improvement. The core of KaiNexus is a web-based platform, meaning that users can easily enter a new Opportunity for Improvement (OI) from any web browser, Android tablet, or iPhone/iPad. The dedicated iOS app allows quick OI entry with the ability to easily attach a picture.
Once OIs are entered into KaiNexus, our patent-pending technology routes the OI to the proper manager for a timely initial assessment so the idea can be assigned to the right person for implementation. KaiNexus keeps everybody in the loop through the entire improvement cycle via a daily digest email that reduces burdensome email traffic while prompting quick action. As OIs are completed, KaiNexus helps document, share and quantify the impact of your improvements. Visual metrics and reports are generated and users can easily search the database of completed OIs in the future as they face new challenges. Learn more about the lifecycle of an OI.
Beyond our technology, KaiNexus offers services that support and enhance your improvement efforts. Or, work with one of our experienced and talented consulting partners for deeper coaching and support.
KaiNexus involves everyone
We believe improvement can and should be a part of every person’s job. By leveraging the collective knowledge of each person in the organization, momentum builds and improvement becomes part of a patient or customer-centered continuous improvement culture. Every member of your organization will have a unique login to KaiNexus that allows them to enter OIs, collaborate in improvement work and stay informed about everyone’s progress.
- KaiNexus improves communication throughout the entire organization
- KaiNexus empowers everyone to improve
- KaiNexus removes common barriers to improvement by reducing the administrative burden for supervisors and leaders
- KaiNexus instills teamwork and collaboration
- KaiNexus provides all employees with a systemic voice, where they feel their opinions are valued, and that their ideas for improvement with lasting impact are recognized and rewarded.
KaiNexus can be used…
- as a stand-alone solution or seamlessly integrated into any organization’s existing improvement program
- to gather opportunities for improvement from their staff members or small “kaizen” or PDSA ideas
- to manage and support safety behavior and high-reliability organization (HRO) activities
- to manage formal improvement events (a.k.a. “kaizen events” or “rapid improvement events”) or larger projects
- to log improvement efforts once they are completed
- to report on the outcome of improvement efforts in the aggregate by work group, departments or the whole organization
- to communicate to the staff about completed improvement efforts
- to enhance a Lean transformation or culture
- in multiple industries, including healthcare, consulting, and manufacturing
KaiNexus is powerful
Based on knowledge gained from what users have done with KaiNexus so far, we believe that a large healthcare organization with 10,000 or more employees may be able to:
- Realize $2.5 million in savings a year
- Detect and eliminate 500 errors a year
- Implement over 2,600 quality improvements
- Implement over 550 customer/patient and employee staff satisfaction improvements